Here is a link to another great fitness blog. Check it out! Below is an article I liked. Click their link to see more of their content. http://sexyafter.com/
How to get your man to workout with you:
Well, due to popular demand I decided to finally post this article.WARNING: DON’T READ THIS ARTICLE IF YOU THINK YOU ARE PERFECT OR
IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE WOMEN WHO DOESN’T WANT YOUR HUBBY
SEEING YOU WORKOUT, FOR WHATEVER REASON.HELLO EVERYONE,Your Online Personal Training Coach Here!So, How to Get Your Man to Workout With You?
I get bombarded with questions and comments on this!
Here are the most common, questions, comments and sometimes excuses that I hear from women when it comes to working out with loved ones
“Well he used to be in shape and now he just doesn’t care!”
“If he were to work out with me I would totally do it, because I lack someone making me workout!”
“Good luck, there is no way I can make my stubborn man pick up a dumbbell.”
“I don’t want to hurt his feelings.”
“I am embarrassed to ask him.”
“I used to be sexy back in high school but since we had our baby I gained 50 lbs and now my husband won’t even look at me and you want me to make him workout with me?”
“We are just two different people, so even if he agrees to workout with me it would never work”
It is important to note: all the cases included in my article are assuming you are not suffering from postpartum depression. If that is the case then you would need to work on recovering from it,
fixing the marriage your relationship with your significant other first, before even thinking about working out. A good workout plan and proper nutrition could be part of the cure, but that is something you want
to talk with your doctor about!
While these are all good and legitimate questions, there are ways around it! How do I know? For starters I am a guy and believe me when I say it is not very hard to figure a guy out. Some guys, myself included, need incentives ‘whats in it for me type of deal’. Others would really
like to help you but because they are shy or don’t want to hurt your feelings they are afraid to say anything. Then there are guys
that lack motivation themselves and really don’t care how they look, and finally there are guys who just think they are too busy and put stuff like working out as the last priority.
If you know your guy, your boyfriend, your husband, your hubby very well then you are already half way there. You know what motivates him, you know what will work.
But if you are lost here are some tips from me to you that will help. Not everything will work for everyone but it’s a start and it’s also going to depend on what type of guy of the four types I listed above your hubby is.
Regardless of the type communication is key!!!!!! Regardless of how healthy the relationship is at the moment, don’t use excuses just talk to him. Ok so here we go:
- Incentives type guy ( the easiest type to convince to work out with you or to help you)
- o Talk to him about how beneficial it would be for him in bed with the slimmer, healthier version of you.
- o Tell him and be prepared to do something extra special for him if he helps you.
- o Tell him that if he helps you with your workout you wouldn’t drag him to a museum.
- o Tell him that if he does this you will get him his favorite gadget, widget computer game…etc.
- o Tell him you will get the Whip-CREAM
Basically educate your man on the benefits that he would have if both of you are healthy, and fit (i.e. positive energy, longer lasting stamina, healthy heart, flexibility, improved appearance, social acceptance in the friends circles, pride of each other etc..
- Shy Guy
- o Make him understand that he will not offend you by offering you help and that on the contrary you would appreciate his genuine concern and desire to help.
- o Ask him to give you pointers and positive constructive criticism
Who knows it might solve other problems or bring up import issues. It will most likely bring your hubby closer together with you.
- The I don’t care how I look type of guy
(the hardest type to convince to work out, let alone to do it with you!). This would be sort of like an intervention.
- o Tell them you are worried about their health and overall well being
- o Be quite forceful, and warn your loved one of just some of the many problems which they may be experiencing, or are likely to in the future. A few examples are:
- Weakened immune system
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Joint pain, arthritis etc.
- Mental deterioration
- Skin disease
- Premature aging
If you are smart you will actually have some scientific proof! I wouldn’t go overboard with detail though if I were you because chances are if you go into too much detail it will go into one ear and come out of the other, aka completely go over their heads.
- o Go to a bodybuilding or fitness event or conference. Show him the good looking in shape guys. Maybe listen to a speaker. Listen to their stories, I guarantee you will find a guy like me who will say something like ‘I was out of shape and I was tired of it’ and that he could transport from a skinny guy or a fat guy into a lean muscle guy.
- o At Summer go to the beach and show off the bodies of guys you are attracted to and tell him that you fantasize about him being that way
- o In winter take him skiing and do something fun and point out how much fun you are having and that you could be having a lot more fun if you weren’t out of shape, challenge him
- o Finally remind him that the workout doesn’t have to be a workout in the gym with dumbbells, that you could do a million different things like swimming, running, boating, skiing, climbing, playing basketball…..
- o If you like jogging, tell him you are bored and you want someone to accompany you so that you have someone to talk to, if you are working out in the gym tell him you need a spotter and you prefer that he was spotting you.
- o Take him to his favorite sporting event when someone scores and the crowd goes wild tell him how awesome it was and try to get him to say something like “I wish I could do that”, or “I used to be able to do that”. Then tell him that he still can and you want to help him!
Bottom line is that no matter where you go you can strike up a conversation about health and fitness. Try it and you would be amazed how much you can find out about your supposed “I don’t care” guy.
- The I don’t have time, I’m too busy to workout type guy
If your man falls into this category well you need to start convincing him that working out can be a lot of fun and talk to him about these benefits:
Satisfaction – you feel the feeling of accomplishment, that your completed something , you feel great about yourself and learn to trust yourself
Relaxation – If you do it right, and have a warm up and cool down, you will feel hyper, exhausted and very very very relaxed. If you happen to take a bubble bath afterwards well then you will feel like a million bucks!
Improved Health – Exercise and nutrition is the best medicine for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart problems and many more conditions related to being overweight
Weight Loss – Derrrrrr. You already knew that!
Confidence – Yes, exercise is a huge confidence booster, my gentle snowflakes, you feel more and more comfortable in your own skin, whether it is flexing your muscles, wearing a bikini or conversing with peers
Motivation – You look better, you feel better , you are motivated to keep going and look even better and inspire others and talk about it and ……ran out of air
- o Once he understands the benefits go over the schedule and find time! Alternative is sending the guy to my boot camp and I guarantee you i will find time every day! For instance: lunch (oh yeah you can easily squeeze in a 30 min workout in a typical 1 hour lunch break). Finding time that works for both of you of course is harder especially if you have a newborn at home but it can be done. Instead of watching TV, or before you are going to bed or when you wake up in the morning and drink that coffee.
- o Talk to him about the fact that if he doesn’t sit down with you to find time there will never be time for anything. It’s just like doing taxes, it is never a good time – lol – it’s only because of the time restriction and unwanted consequences that people do it.
- o Convince him that it means a lot more to you to stay healthy and energized than watching “Grey’s Anatomy or Ultimate Fighter” (DVR – a very useful device for TV addicts)
There is a very good saying “Where there is a will, there is a way”. If getting back into shape and having that sexy body again, or for the first time is important to you, and having your guy help you is of equal importance, than relate to this problem as if you were starting a new business. Don’t give up, communicate be persistent and believe me, you will FAIL 9 times but will SUCCEED on the 10th. Welcome failure because it will bring you closer to success!
As always comments, disagreement, opinions, criticism, etc. are welcome and encouraged. Comment or Click Contact Me and Send me an Email